SETAC Media Policy
Media representatives are cordially invited to attend all poster and platform presentations of SETAC North America Focused Topic Meetings. Registration is free for credentialed journalists. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
SETAC’s media policy is designed to ensure a professional forum in which presenters and other meeting registrants can discuss science-based issues freely and in which their concerns about proprietary research data and other information is acknowledged and respected. It is further designed to ensure a forum in which journalists and other media representatives can gather the information they need to deliver factual reporting.
How can SETAC serve you as a media representative?
- By keeping you posted about the program and meeting updates.
- By helping you arrange interviews with SETAC staff, officers, members and presenters before or at the meeting. Please note that SETAC executive directors or their designees are the only sanctioned representatives of the society.
In return, we expect you to:
- Wear your media badge, and identify yourself as a member of the press when you attend presentations or talk with any group or individual.
- Obtain permission from the executive director of SETAC North America, Greg Schiefer, and the subject presenters or meeting registrants before you film, tape or otherwise record any activity or interview at this event.
- Respect a presenter’s or meeting participant’s choice to talk with you or to decline.
- Adhere to the SETAC Code of Conduct.
Any media representative who sells, markets or represents a company for purposes of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.